Brands & Technology
Rambo IONIC Technology
What is Ionic Technology?
Rambo Ionic harnesses the power of tourmaline, a naturally occurring crystal that, when ground down to powder form, releases an electric charge which converts the surrounding air molecules to negative ions. These negative ions are absorbed by the body and impact the size of the water molecules in our bloodstream. They reduce its physical size by neutralizing the waters natural positive charge which allows the water molecule to flow faster through our bodies, thus bringing increased oxygen and nutrients to the muscles. Negative ions for positive results.
Rambo Ionic works for both horses and humans through stimulation, strengthening and support.
• Stimulates and regulates the circulatory system and increases cells ability to absorb and use oxygen.
• Helps to improve the permeability of cells, encouraging a faster metabolic rate.
• Helps to speed up oxidation of serotonin in the blood, contributing to improved mood levels and pain relief.
• Aids in regulating enzyme activity.
• Affects the configuration of water molecules in the blood, improving their hydration capacity. This makes bodily fluids more mobile, increasing and improving circulation.
• Increased oxygen levels in the blood and faster delivery to the brain helps to improve concentration.
• Increased oxygen levels in muscle tissue contribute to greater energy.
• The alteration of enzyme activity can stimulate the body’s natural defenses and immune system.
• Negative ions contribute to the reinforcement of collagen production.
• Improved blood circulation can reduce blood pressure.
• Promotes more efficient removal of toxins from the body.
• Regulation of the pH balance of bodily fluids.
As can be seen from thermography tests, Rambo Ionic significantly enhances circulation. This increase in circulation may assist with the body’s ability to recover from injury and may help those who suffer from poor circulation.
Rambo® Vari-Layer® Technology
MORE WARMTH WITH LESS WEIGHT
We cut the outer waterproof layer of a Rambo Supreme with Vari-Layer Turnout to give you a look at the technology underneath.
WHAT IS VARI-LAYER® TECHNOLOGY?
Vari-layer® is the layering of thermobonded fibrefill to gain maximum heat retention without the heaviness of a standard fill – more warmth with less weight.
Thermobonded fibrefill used in this system retains its loft over time even through washing which in turn helps your rug maintain optimal heat retention
TIP: Our Vari-Layer® liners are perfect for adding when you need some extra warmth in the winter.
Why is this good for me & my horse?
For the owner, it means less physical weight to lift onto your horses back and also means your horse is carrying less weight.
For horses that struggle with holding condition or older horses, this can be an invaluable tool to aid in keeping them warm and cozy even on the coldest of nights.
By layering the fiber on the sides, the rug can sit closer on the horse's body, trapping the warm air and allowing greater belly coverage underneath.
Our super breathable Aquatrans® technology used in our turnouts ensures that any moisture is released to the outer, keeping the horse comfortable.
Aquatrans® Technology Explained
1. The outer Hydrophobic layer is water hating and drives this water vapor through the fabric and away from the outer of the turnout. Therefore it repels the entry of any water through it coming from the outer.
2. The inner Hydrophilic layer is water loving and draws sweat away from the body.
This waterproof technology is one of the best on the market and ensures your horse stays dry and comfortable when wearing Rambo®, Rhino®, and Amigo® turnouts.
What waterproof and breathability levels do we adhere to?
All Horseware® turnouts are waterproof to in excess of 3000mm and also breathable to 3000g. This allows 3000g of water vapor to be released in a 24 hour period from underneath your turnout.
Our Rambo® Turnouts come with a 3-year warranty on waterproofness & stainless steel hardware!
We believe in our Aquatrans technology so much, that we are prepared to guarantee that your blanket will remain waterproof and breathable for a minimum of 3 years. The unique number of your Rambo® MUST be included on the form to be eligible for the guarantee. This number is found on the inside of the front of the rug.
How Do I Wash My Turnout?
To wash your turnout yourself, you should first gently brush off any excess dirt and mud from the outside. Once dry, gently hose off your turnout, and use a wash that is specifically formulated to clean horse turnouts without damaging the fabric or waterproof coatings, preferably a natural or non-biological substance. Strong or biological detergents can cause damage to the waterproof coating.
We do not recommend washing your turnout with a power washer, as the pressure from the washer can possibly damage the waterproof layer on the turnout. Washing should be done on a Cool Wash not to exceed 30 degrees Celsius.
Once your turnout is thoroughly washed hang to drip dry, fold neatly into a breathable storage bag. DO NOT Dry Clean. DO NOT Tumble dry with heat. Store in a cool, dry area away from any moisture or damp areas, while also avoiding excessive heat. The bags our Horseware® Turnouts are packaged in are a perfect bag to re-use for turnout storage.
How do I store my turnout?
Once your turnout is washed and completely dry, fold it neatly into a breathable storage bag. Store in a cool, dry area away from any moisture or damp areas, while also avoiding excessive heat. The bags our Horseware® Turnouts are packaged in are a perfect bag to re-use for turnout storage.
If you have any small tears or nicks to repair, we recommend using our Rambo® Turnout repair kit or our Rambo® Stormsure glue, which effectively seals and waterproofs any small damage to your turnout.
Our Rambo® blankets are made from ballistic nylon, a fabric that was first developed for flak jackets to be worn by World War II airmen.