Did you know? Our Equine line has the same adhesive as our H2O line! So if we are out of an Equine color or design you want, you can choose from the H2O line instead.
RockTape can be used for both horse and rider in equine therapy. Some benefits include reduction or pain* management, decrease swelling and/or edema, increase joint range of motion, normalize muscle tone, and maintain a level of functionality and comfort for the horse throughout the rehabilitation process. It can also be used to assist the athlete to maintain functionality and comfort in training and assist with recovery.
RockTape may assist the below treatments and activities:
- Muscle Strain or Tear
- Muscle Stiffness
- Post Acupuncture / Body Work Inflammation
- Prolong the Effects of Myofacial Release
- Tendonitis, Tendonopathy or Desmitis
- Rehabilitation, Management and/or Prevention of Movement Dysfunctions
Safety: It is important to note that some horses may behaviorally react to the RockTape, just as they would a nuisance fly on their skin. This is due to the horse’s highly evolved proprioception mechanism that is regulated and monitored from receptors located in the muscles, tendons and joints. Always position yourself in a safe place in relation to the horse when applying RockTape Equine. It is advisable to lunge the horse after the tape has been applied to determine the effect of the tape on the horse, prior to riding.
“For me, every little opportunity counts. It’s about always being an unrestricted participant, never missing a chance, finding new ways to do something better, and living life to the fullest. RockTape isn’t going to make me taller, lose 5kg’s, or turn me into an Olympic triathlete…
However, using RockTape has given me back my upper body strength by helping rehab my tennis elbows, corrected my posture on a horse so I ride more effectively, and allows me to help my horses by correcting their gait when I can’t explain it to them in English! RockTape is easy, non-invasive, and proven… It’s all about the things that help me stay in the game!”
individual Competitor Sydney Olympics, 2000
How does it work?
RockTape microscopically lifts the skin away from the muscle and fascia, which decompresses the area which reduces swelling. RockTape also signals the central nervous system through the skin's nerves, which provides powerul feedback to minimize pain* and cue form.
What are the benefits?
- Relieves swelling through decompression which speeds recovery.
- Increases awareness of your body position to help you maintain proper posture and form.
- Stickier, hypoallergenic adhesive that won't fall off during competition
- 180% stretch, the same elasticity as skin, to promote full range of motion
- 97% cotton, 3% Nylon 6/12, low moisture absorption
- Tighter weave, which enables muscle to more easily snap back to neutral
- Water resistant
- Variety of designs and colors
- Wearable for up to 5 days
- Each Roll is 4"x16.4' (10cmx5m)